Remember ME - You Me and Dementia

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Smile on Child's face

Atlas I made it.Wanted to do this earlier but due to some commitment could not do so.I visited the Mayfair Garden,Virar Center for Mumbai Mobile Creches.

I called the center incahrge Kumudini Patil at 9,and reached the centre at around 11.
The complex is big one and seems the construction will be ON for 2 years more.I was impressed by the work done by Kumudini and other two staff.Its just more then any one can do for the less fortunate children's.

The children were divided in three groups / rooms -bigger,smaller and crèche respectively.The place for clean and looking great with posters and painting on the walls.Children were learning,signing and playing skill games.

Kumudini was nice to explain the whole idea,how they work with the children for the children and in the community.She also explained how children's come here from morning to eve and all of their requirement from food to learning is taken care.I was also informed that in day or two Doctor is going to come for Medical Checkups.

Children were also enjoying,and wanted to show me what they know -like song,poetry,puppet show.It was such a nice moment,the SMILE on child's face made be forget all the stress of life.For a moment I thought Iam back to Balwadi,in my home town Palghar.

But one thing I felt is that unawareness and indifferent attitude form the resident of the said complex.Infact I was told that the Builder and his staff are supportive and nice fellows.

There was shortage of Toys,Books,Art and Craft Materials.A Swing or Slide for children to play can also be very great thing.Hope a Noble sloul will donate this to this childrens.


Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.

No comments: